Membership in the ACPBC
ACPBC membership is available in two general classes:
Registered Professional Members
Members in these classes are registered by the ACPBC and are subject to the provisions of the Ethics and Discipline policies.
- Professional Chemist (P.Chem.). B.Sc. in Chemistry and more than four years experience.
- Chemist-in-Training (C.I.T.). B.Sc. in Chemistry but do not have the experience expected for P.Chem.
- Registered Technologist in Chemistry (R.T.Chem.) Diploma in Chemical Technology and two years experience.
- Registered Professional Technologist in Chemistry (P.T.Chem.) Diploma in Chemical Technology and seven years experience.
Members in these classes are associated with the ACPBC but are not registered.
- Associate Member. Chemistry-related degree completed.
- Retired Professional Member. Formerly registered as P.Chem.
- Student Member. Currently registered in a Chemistry program.
Short descriptions of the basic requirements are given above. More detailed information on the classes of membership are given in the Criteria for Membership.
If you are interested in membership and unsure which class is right for you, please take a look at the information on how to Apply for Membership. The Registrar will be happy at assist with your questions.